The perfect roast potatoes
My mum has never been able to do very good roast potatoes. They are also over cooked and tough round the outside. So I thought I would have a go at them and I found what the trick was. The potatoes need part boiling first and then shaking in a colander to create a fluffy texture.
Here is my recipe (serves 2)
4 Large Maris Piper Potatoes (peeled and quartered)
2 large or 3 small cloves of garlic (crushed)
4 sprigs of thyme
6 tbsp Olive Oil
1. Preheat oven to 190C and heat the olive oil in a roasted tin whilst step 2 is being done.
2. Boil the potatoes in water for 6 minutes, drain in a colander and then cover and shake untill the outside are fluffy.
3. Remove the roasted tin from the oven and place the potatoes into it.
4. Sprinkle the potatoes with the garlic and thyme before giving them a mix and turn over so they are all coated in the hot oil.
5. Return to the over and roast for approximately 40 minutes until outside are golden.